A fire outbreak which occurred in Kolokolo area of Enerhen town, Uvwie Local Government Area of Delta State on Thursday night, reportedly killed an 8-year-old girl identified as Kevwe Oghenevo.
It was gathered that the inferno destroyed property worth millions of Naria while the building is currently at the verge of collapse if urgent steps are not taken by good Samaritans to assist the owner.
Eyewitness, Mariam Jacob said the incident occurred when the mother of the victim was filling her stove with kerosene suspected to be adulterated. The product caught fire.
One of the occupants of the building, Josaiah Thomas who spoke to journalists said” The fire consumed all that we have. We heard shouts, and we thought it was a mere shout, only to discover that our house was on fire.